We are open all Canada Day long weekend. Come down and take a tour of our Canadian Owned and Operated self storage facility off Marquis drive in North Saskatoon! While you are here you can get all the details for our First Anniversary deals. For the best deal on storage space and parking for rent, for a limited time, and while quantities last, you can save on self storage.
Here’s a rundown of which Saskatoon civic services and facilities are open and closed, or have modified hours on Canada Day, Friday, July 1, 2022.
The City of Saskatoon will have a number of adjusted civic services and hours of operation on Canada Day, as follows:
All Administrative Offices are closed on Friday, July 1. City Hall will reopen Monday, July 4, at 8:00 a.m.
ROADWAY DETOURS & CLOSURES
- See here for detailed Canada Day road restrictions for the downtown area.
- Saskatoon Boat Launch closed from June 30 8:00 a.m. to July 2 at 6:00 a.m.
Remai Modern is open from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
SASKATOON PUBLIC LIBRARY
All locations will be closed on Friday, July 1.
- Garbage (Black Cart) – Collections as scheduled (No impact on long weekend holiday).
- Recycling (Blue Cart) – Collections as scheduled (No impact on long weekend holiday).
- Organics (Subscription Green Cart) – Collections as scheduled (No impact on long weekend holiday).
- For collection schedules and reminders, get the Saskatoon Waste Wizard app or visit saskatoon.ca/collectioncalendar.
- The Landfill is open over the Canada Day long weekend from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Cash transactions are accepted, although Credit and Debit are recommended.
- More information at saskatoon.ca/landfill.
- The compost depots are open for the season and over the Canada Day long weekend from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- More information at saskatoon.ca/compostdepots.
- Fixed route transit will operate holiday hours on Friday, July 1. After the fireworks, buses will leave from locations on either side of the river. View the Canada Day 2022 special event bus map!
- On-Demand Transit will not be available on Friday, July 1.
- Access Transit will operate holiday hours (8:15 a.m. – 11:15 p.m.) on Friday, July 1. All the pickups and drop-offs for the Canada Day event will be at the temporary stop on 2nd Ave just north of the Alt Hotel.
- Transit Customer Service Centre will be closed on Friday, July 1 but phone lines (306.975.3100) will be open from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Parking payment will not be required in City-managed pay parking areas on Canada Day, July 1.
- Motorists are reminded that all other parking requirements remain in effect, including parking time limits.
MUNICIPAL IMPOUND LOT
- Vehicles will not be released to the public on Canada Day, July 1
- Open for regular business on Monday, July 4.
SASKATOON FORESTRY FARM PARK & ZOO
Regular Hours of Operation:
- Zoo – 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Forestry Farm Park – 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Buckeye Café – 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Search for drop-in program information including fitness and weight room hours, public swim sessions and fitness programs on Leisure Online at saskatoon.ca/leisureonline
- Cosmo Civic Centre – CLOSED
- Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre -12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Lakewood Civic Centre – 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Lawson Civic Centre – 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saskatoon Field House – 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Shaw Centre – 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Terry Fox Track – CLOSED
Drop-in swim schedules are listed Leisure Online at saskatoon.ca/leisureonline
- George Ward – 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (public swim). 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (lane swim)
- Lathey Pool – 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (public swim)
- Mayfair Pool – 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (public swim)
- Riversdale – 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (public swim). 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (lane swim & family swim)
GOLF COURSES (Holiday Park, Wildwood and Silverwood)
Open regular hours of operation. Dawn to dusk.
NUTRIEN PLAYLAND AT KINSMEN PARK
OPEN – 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.